George Cabot is a Certified Tax Specialist with more than 25 years of experience helping a broad spectrum of business, real estate, healthcare and technology clients with general business and tax planning.
George is certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization and concentrates his practice in the areas of general business and entity taxation. George handles diverse legal and tax planning needs for a variety of businesses and frequently acts in a “general counsel” capacity for clients.
George actively participated for many years in the State Bar committee which drafted California’s limited liability company act, the revised uniform partnership act and numerous amending statutes, ultimately chairing that committee in 1998-1999.
- Structuring taxable and non-taxable mergers and acquisitions
- Acting as lead counsel in M&A transactions
- Entity documentation and tax planning for investment companies
- Planning complex entity structures for new and existing businesses
- Creation of stock option plans, deferred compensation plans and complex executive compensation programs for a broad range of technology and general business clients
- Formation and operation of tax-exempt entities
- Formation and structuring of closely-held business entities, including structuring and implementing exit strategies